Monday, December 31, 2007

CHRISTMAS ...... CARIBBEAN STYLE!!

Ahhhh.... what a nice way to spend Christmas. While I wouldn't do this every year, it was nice to get away and be in the hot sun for awhile. It is a holiday that both my boys will remember for many reasons. Here are some:


1. Austin getting sick (truly sick.... and still is sick). Although he enjoyed himself for the first 3 - 4 days, the last few really wore him out.



2. Collin being at that "magical" age of 5 and truly loved seeing all the characters. That age still holds the innocence of believing that the characters are real.


3. Collin jumping to me off the catamaran ( 20 ft. of water ) and him holding on for dear life as we swim ashore to the beach. I was swallowing more salt water and going under trying to get us to shore while he had a "death grip" around my neck. Felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway.


4. Watching my boys dance to island music on the catamaran and soak in the warm rays.


5. Spending an afternoon on Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. What a gorgeous place to be. Apparently, Michael Jordan owns a home over looking this beautiful spot.



With the exception of Austin getting sick, we had a really fun time. This trip was planned over 16 months ago, so it was great to finally enjoy the magical trip. I hope everyone else had a great Christmas, and I'm going to attach some pics from the trip. Oh, friends and family.... I will be sending out "New Year's" cards, for we were so rushed to get out of here for the cruise :)











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boone's Mom A.K.A. Nancy

Great photos, I'm glad you guys all had a great time. Sorry to hear that Austin got sick, Boone came down with a virus Saturday night after feeling fine but seems to have bounced back. Can't wait to hear Austin's stories about the beach you visited.............