Sunday, March 18, 2007

LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!!!


Yes, baseball is finally here!!! No more inside soccer and driving home in the dark. Days will be spent outside on warm sunny evenings practicing the beloved sport of baseball. Many of you know that this year I will have 2 boys that will be involved in our Fruitland Little League ( whew... lots of running around for mom ). However, I was asked by my older son's coach to coach my younger son's team. HA.... was my initial reaction. Then I really thought about it and realized that I could really pull this off. Knowing I will be living at the baseball fields anyways....why not lend my talents of coaching??? ( o.k..... you can stop laughing now ) Knowing that I have soooo much patience (ha) it should be pretty fun watching a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds chase butterflies and play in the dirt while trying to teach the basic fundamentals of baseball. I'm thinking a big bottle of xanax should do the trick!!!

But on a serious note.... I think my husband would be proud of me and hopefully this will be a lasting memory for my son. I still think about him when I'm faced with decisions about our boys. What would we do? How would he react? I feel great about this decision and I hope I'm making Jody proud!!!

Now........... let's play some ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Opps... there should be a pic of a baseball field in the top left corner, but obviously I don't know how to do this yet!!! Sorry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course Jody would be proud of you. He will be laughing at you when those little boys are driving you crazy! I see lots of Captain and Cokes in your future.... postgame preferably.
Kate

Angela said...

Postgame????? We'll have to see about that :) Angela

Anonymous said...

Go Coach Knarr!!! I will be coming to see you, and your big bottle of patience (I mean, I'll hold the flask:)