Wednesday, March 7, 2007

OH YES THEY CALL HIM THE STREAK!!!!!!

My family consists of my oldest son... who is 8 , my youngest son...who is currently 4, and of course myself. We try to stick to a pretty strict routine during the week and weekends are filled with sports events ( between 2 boys...whew!! ). Anyways, let me get to the point of this story. Tuesday and Thursday nights my youngest always has an appointment between 6:30 - 7:00. During this time my oldest and I usually run errands or complete his homework. Half an hour isn't a lot of time to really accomplish too much. Anyways, this past Tuesday my oldest and I drove real quickly to the local grocery store to pick up just a few items. My oldest is a big help to me and on the way out he was carrying 2 heavy bags to the car. He started laughing to me that his pants were starting to fall down. I just told him to keep walking and he'll be fine. Needless to say, the laughter gets louder and louder and I look over at him to see his jeans down by his ankles and him still walking and carrying the bags. We were at the car by this time and we both just fell to the ground laughing hysterically. While on-lookers might have found us "crazy"........ we celebrated a magical moment. Someone once wrote: Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away. Let's just say, that night took my breath away and I know it is a moment my son and I will never forget. I also learned that night that I need to buy a belt for my son. HA!!!

No comments: