Saturday, June 9, 2007

GIVE IT UP FOR......M.O.Y. (MOTHER OF THE YEAR)

Well, a proud moment for mom!!!!!
I have always wondered (after loosing my husband) could I handle all the decisions that come with raising two little boys. Anyone who has a child, realizes the enormous responsibility.... but doing it ALONE truly scared me. Then a friend tagged me with the nickname (MOY) when I forgot something in regards to my oldest ( I can't even remember now what it was...I think his bus#). That just raised my insecurities even more.
Well, my proud moments have come. Austin received straight A's in all the above level classes ( Reading and Math) and earned numerous awards at the end of the year. Besides the typical "completion of 2nd grade", "gym", "choral", etc..... came the real biggie, which was the President's Award for Educational Excellence. This pretty much combines classroom grades and standardized testing scores and only a handful of 2nd graders received this honor. On top of all this, we just received today in the mail, that he has met the criteria for magnet placement!!!! While I know there are pro's and con's to this magnet program...... I am soooo proud of my son. Makes me feel like I have done my job well as a parent, and sticking to our routines ( which some of my friends think are too strict) has paid off. Whether he goes or not ( he would rather be with me at my school) doesn't really matter. What matters to me is that he worked hard all year with a very strict teacher and earned every single one of those A's.

So M.O.Y. is going to celebrate tonight with a few drinks and a movie with a special friend and realize that I'm doing a GREAT job as a mother!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Angela and "oldest". That's wonderful news and I'm sure Jody is proud of you both,
Katie and Jeff

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of both of your boys and sure Jody is overseeing that all of you are successful. Congratulations to the Knarr family.

killer said...

congratulations to you and austin. as i've often said you do a great job of raising two boys all by yourself and here is more proof! MOY indeed

Anonymous said...

Well my dear friend will be proud of me. I finally figured out how to access her blog and actually post a comment. It was really quite simple but as with many things in life the thought of something is often times a lot scarier then when you just jump in and do it. My fear of technology ranks right up there with my fear of math as my close friends are aware.

Anonymous said...

This is part two of my comment because as my friends also know I am too wordy for one small comment box. I just wanted to say that we too are sooooo proud of Austin. It was not a suprise to us as we have watched him grow daily so much thanks to the careful attention of his Mother. We consider them all to be part of our family also and will always be there should Austin or Collin need or want an extra helping hand through this wild ride of life.
The Rabel's