Sunday, August 26, 2007

WEARING MY HEART ON MY SLEEVE

God help me tomorrow!!! As the first day of school approaches tomorrow, I'm not worried about my own class, but that of my youngest son. I'm confident enough to know that my students and myself will be fine, but my youngest will venture out tomorrow into the "unknown". I know this is a typical motherly reaction, but it doesn't make it any easier. For the past 2 years he has been in a private daycare and floated with the same group of kids. Friendships were built and he knew his routine. Now tomorrow.... he will leave my school and ride the bus (which he has never done before) and enter into a huge school, a new classroom, new students, and new routines. After school he will ride the bus to his old daycare and see many old friends (he's looking forward to that). You only have your first day of K once in your life. I just pray that everything goes smooth for him. His teacher seems great but there is so much I couldn't really talk to her about when I met her on Friday. I have friends over at the school that I just hope will look out for my little guy.
I know if I'm an emotional wreck today.... tomorrow won't be any better. Please just say a little prayer for Collin and myself tonight. I think I will be holding both my boys tight today and enjoying our small little family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have faith in Collin and know that he will tackle this new adventure like he has every other, with strength,perseverence, and a smile. We will be thinking of you all tommorro and as always you are in our prayers.
The Rabel Family

karen said...

You know kids do much better than we do in situations like this. I'll be praying for ya though.

Anonymous said...

After dropping Boone off I was walking to the car and heard this little voice yell.....Hey, Hey.....I looked up and it was Colin looking so cute I just wanted to grab him and give him the biggest hug. I'm sure he made out just fine, with a great mom like you how could he not~
Booooooone's Mom

Angela said...

Just to let everyone know.... Collin has had wonderful days in K!!!! He jumped in my arms last night before bed and said, " I love Kindergarten". So thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Makes me feel great as a mother to know that I have prepared my son for adventures without me :)

Anonymous said...

Angela, Collin is a tough and very capable little dude. Glad he is doing so well in his first days of Kindergarten. I am sure he will have a lot of fun this year. Now relax, smile and know you are raising your boys so well, and they are doing so well.