Thursday, October 11, 2007

BECAUSE OF YOU!

I have been singing this song ever since I heard it. Reba McEntire duets with Kelly Clarkson. It's basically talking about people who have complete control over others, and not being able to live a life together with love and trust. Sad but true! One line really stands out to me, and it reads, "I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh, every day of my life ~ My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with."

I know my life with my late husband was only 11 years but God did we have a great time. I didn't have to fake a laugh or a smile, in fact.... he was the one who usually brought out my laughs and smiles. Because of him, we created 2 beautiful children. He taught me so many things and for that I am forever grateful. I don't think I would be where I am today if it wasn't for him. We had our arguments... just like everyone else, but we always managed to work our differences out. He broke my heart when I had to say goodbye to him and then my heart broke again when I had to tell our 4 1/2 year old that daddy had died. My heart was completely broken. Was that his fault? Hell, no!

I just feel sorry for people who are in relationships where the spark has faded or has just gone completely out. Life is too short.

Make sure you are with someone who if God forbid was to leave this earth.... your heart WOULD break. Not like in the song, where her heart couldn't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with. Every person deserves true love and happiness :)

3 comments:

karen said...

"Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." Much truth to those words.

Anonymous said...

I'll second this one. If I never meet another man I was lucky enough to have known what true love was and maybe thats why I'm so skeptical about getting out in the dating world again because I don't think I'll ever find anything like Bob and I shared. We too were married 11 years when Bob passed away so I can appreciate everything you say. The hardest part is seeing Boone miss his dad so much.........But it's also because of Boone that I go on and try to enjoy all that life has to offer. Thank God for Boone and for good friends and for allowing me to have known real love.

Boone's Mom A.K.A.....Nancy

Angela said...

Nancy,
You are a wonderful mother to Booooone, and like you, Austin and Collin are my resons for going on. I agree also with Karen that it's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all. How sad! Also, Jody and I were married for 7 years but dated 4 years prior. Keep up your great work with Boooone and I'm sure our boys will come out just fine.... maybe even better than those stuck in a hostile family :) A