Monday, October 8, 2007

FOOTBALL FOOTBALL AND MORE FOOTBALL

Couldn't ask for a better weekend for football in my family. First, undefeated Muhlenberg remains undefeated (now 5 & 0 ) after destroying Juniata 44 to 3. Once again, I applaud the staff and players for a job well done.

Next, my Skins!!!!!!!!!!!! The score says it all...... 34 to 3. Offense and Defense did their job AND a JOB WELL DONE, I must say!!!!!

Last, the most meaningful to me is the football pool that both Austin and I are in. I won the pool last week and was doing a great job again this week. However, so was Austin. It came down to the Green Bay and Chicago game last night. Every person in the pool except me picked Green Bay to win last night. If Chicago lost, that meant it came down to points tonight between Austin and another player to win for the week. I so desperately wanted Austin to win and I was cheering Green Bay on to win the game (yes, I stayed up late to watch the game..... just to see if Austin had a chance). Well, as most of you already know, Chicago won and I won the football pool again for the second week in a row. The best part was waking him up this morning and telling him the news and his attitude about it all. He was a little upset that he didn't advance but was still happy for me. Needless to say, at the end of the day I gave Austin the winnings ( the big pot of $13) and to him it was like hitting the jackpot. What great boys I have and what better attitudes!!!!!!! Hope it remains :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can see you are keeping the Knarr family priorities straight...football and gambling. Now, you have to add in a third Uncle Jeff piece of wisdom, "NEVER BET AGAINST THE BEARS!!!"
Katie