Wednesday, July 16, 2008

OH, SO SO SWEET!!!!

What an amazing trip. From July 10th - 14th, Stewart and I had a sweet vacation to the Grand Cayman's. What people had told me about the Cayman's was absolutely true... it was a magical place to be. The locals were very kind and unlike other islands the crime was rare to none. The boys and I have been fortunate to travel some places the past few years, but I must say that this small island was ever so perfect. We rented a car for a day and explored the island and hit some local spots that were recommended. I think that really made the trip. We were able to travel to the tip of the island and walk onto a quiet, serene beach and find bright orange/red starfishes. That had to be the best part for me... so natural, private and beautiful. Something I will never forget. We then traveled to the
other end of the island and did some private snorkeling and saw amazing colored fish. We did take a snorkeling trip on our last day and swam with stingrays (even kissed one :) and then hit two cool spots for snorkeling. I can't say enough how very beautiful and relaxed this vacation was. I'm attaching just some pics from the trip, as I will get more back soon. Keep enjoying the summer :)










_

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL getaway. Glad you had such a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip. Do you travel and sleep with every "friend" that you make?

Angela said...

Anonymous ~ I posted your comment against my better judgement. To answer part of your question, I do travel with lots of friends. I have been fortunate enough to have close friends and many vacations shared together. Don't know who would be so ignorant to ask about my sleeping habits ~ for that is my business and mine alone. However, sounds like you need to take a trip with a "friend". Oh, next time don't be such a wuss and leave your name.

Anonymous said...

What a dumb ass question to ask someone! Obviously you have never had a friend that ever was worth a damn to you. Or one that cared as much for your children as this guy does!

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy and grateful that my dear friend who has been through so much has found such a wonderful man, positive influence for her children and travel companion. Someone who fits easily in with everyone he meets and is a pleasure to be around. The Cayman islands look so beautiful and amazing, a place I would love to see. I am glad you both had such a wonderful time. I feel anger and pity for the idiot that felt he had the right to insult my friend. This is obviously a sad, lonely, and pitiful person who needs a friend of his or her own.

Angela said...

Friends ~ Maybe I should have never posted the negative comment. In over a year that I have this blog going I haven't had an ignorant comment like this. So don't let it get to you. Family and friends know how very happy the boys and I are, and my private life is just that. I am happy beyond belief!!! Am saving again for maybe another trip away. HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!! More pics of the Cayman's comming :)