Sunday, July 29, 2007

WHERE IS FOOTBALL IN MD????

O.K. Maybe I haven't researched this enough, but where is football in Wicomico County? Besides Salvation Army, and Tom Brown, the only other one I know of is the Pop Warner in Delmar. Seems like the kids here can play soccer all year and baseball. I'm kicking myself for not checking into the Pop Warner earlier. I guess I'll know better next year to sign my son up in the spring.

Another thing, has anyone noticed the the Dick's Sports store has the logo outside with the balls going from bottom to top like this: golf ball, baseball, soccer ball, basketball. NO FOOTBALL!! Is this just a regional thing? I go to buy sport chairs for my boys and they come in groups of three: baseball, soccer, and basketball. Once again, no football. It's frustrating for kids who love the sport and understand it, and then not have the zillion of opportunities that kids elsewhere have. Maybe I need to talk to my friend who is in charge of all these camps around Wicomico and find out what is going on. Or maybe I just don't know. If anyone knows of good instructional camps (this side of the bridge) please let me know.

No comments: